Memories from the Inbound Marketing Summit

Inbound Marketing Summit

I attended the Inbound Marketing Summit in San Francisco April 28/29.  I’ve processed the event in my head and here are some of my memories from the event.

Chris Brogan’s humility is as impressive as his wisdom.

Justin Levy doesn’t need much sleep to get the job done.

David Meerman Scott offers countless triggers to turn your content into a world wide rave.

Paul Gillin is my choice to lead a panel session any day of the week.

Dharmesh Shah likes to give presentations no matter how much he tells us he doesn’t.

Tim Ferriss isn’t shy about plugging his services while he has the stage.

Brian Halligan’s parents had deep discussions about Tide detergent commercials.

Tim Street is my choice to close out a full day of presentations any time.

Tim O’Reilly is also my choice to close out a full day of presentations any time.

The private party sponsored by DNA13 was great. Too bad just two bartenders were on call for 200 people.

Here are some interesting factoids that caught my attention during the presentations.

The average age of the newspaper reader in the U.S. is 57: Paul Gillin

We learned to share in kindergarten. Our training for social networking started then: Tim Young.

To get your video to go viral create a spectacle, tell a story, create emotion: Tim Street

Companies who measure the lifetime value of customers measure the outcome of relationships in social media: Charlene Li. BTW, not to take anything away from Charlene, but I’ve been saying the same for quite a while

Chris Brogan’s (self proclaimed) occupation is “typist.”

Here is a list of 19 things learned at the Inbound Marketing Summit by Jason Stewart.

I interviewed Chris Brogan to discuss why he shaved his head for charity (unedited):

I interviewed Mike Volpe to discuss the meaning of inbound marketing:

Hope to see you at the next Inbound Marketing Summit in Dallas, May 27/28.

Bernie Borges
@berniebay

10 Comments to Memories from the Inbound Marketing Summit

1. by Eric Hoffman

On May 3, 2009 at 11:48 pm

I really like your videos Bernie. And I have to agree with your observation about the tweetup party, in that it was a great time but with long waits. However, I did get the chance to chat with you in line so I guess it evens out in the long run!

2. by Bernie

On May 4, 2009 at 7:42 am

Eric – Yes, we got to chat because of the long wait. Something good came of it. :)

3. by Bernie

On May 4, 2009 at 11:05 am

Another good post summarizing the take-aways from the Inbound Marketing Summit from @markivey.

4. by Katie Farrar

On May 4, 2009 at 12:36 pm

Bernie- Great meeting you in San Fran! I've heard a lot about you from Pete and other HubSpotters, so it was good to put a face with a name :) I won't be in Dallas, but will see you in Boston in September for #3.

5. by Ali Barnard

On November 15, 2011 at 10:11 am

Hm, I'm happy with this but still not thoroughly convinced, thus i'm going to research a touch more.

6. by weather vanes

On November 17, 2011 at 6:53 am

Howdy! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be ok. I'm definitely enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.

7. by dating advice

On November 19, 2011 at 2:01 am

Hey, just a quick question. Could you please tell me how I could stay updated about your future posts? Maybe an update list I could join? Thanks!

8. by Wedding Photography Hertfordshire

On January 23, 2012 at 10:48 pm

I was more than happy to find this web-site.I wanted to thanks for your time for this excellent read!! I definitely having fun with each little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you weblog post.

Trackbacks

1. My SF Inbound Marketing Summit Takeaways « Resort Marketing - Don’t Forget, It’s All About Fun!
  2. The Best free classifieds Site