Build Your Proprietary Audience
In the modern marketing era, your buyer will move through the evaluation process as much as 75% on her own before she is willing to have a sales conversation. She wants to be engaged through relevant and compelling content. Therefore, you should build your own audience in order to build trust and credibility….Some B2B brands might not agree with this statement. Let those non-believers be your competitors, while you build a loyal audience through online and offline content assets that accelerates your ability to be discovered and engaged by your target customer and influencers.
Build one or more destinations for your audience where they can consume relevant content provided by your brand that informs, educates or entertains in a relevant way. Empower your brand to be a valuable source of thought-leadership and problem solving content.
Ways to build your own audience include:
- A themed multi-author blog with consistently published blog content
- A themed newsletter or Journal with consistently published content
- A themed webinar series with consistently published content
- A themed podcast with consistently published content
- A themed video channel with consistently published content
Benefits to Owning Your Own Audience
The most compelling benefit to your own media channel is that you own the content. When you post content to social media channels, you’re “renting” their content distribution channels. Your media channel is yours. The top reasons to have your own media channel are:
- You own the content
- You build thought leadership
- You build authority with search engines
- You generate share value when others share it
- Differentiate your brand from your competition
- You can re-purpose content into other formats
- You can offer calls-to-actions to generate leads
- You can attract talent to your organization
- You inspire employees to become advocates
- You strengthen or accelerate brand equity
Social Business Engine
Social Business Engine is our media property comprised of video, podcast and Journals. We publish weekly content that showcases thought leaders in the modern enterprise using social media in their business strategy including marketing, selling, customer service, employee advocacy, recruiting and commerce.
When you subscribe to our Social Business Engine media property you gain access to content that showcases people from brands such as Cisco, Dell, Deloitte, Discover, EMC, Groupon, Humana, Oracle, SAP, Schneider Electric, Walmart, Whole Foods and others. In each episode we tell a short story that describes a specific use case in their social business journey, providing our audience actionable learnings and inspirations that can impact your social business journey.
Don’t miss an episode. Subscribe to our Social Business Engine media property.