Own Your Own Media Channel
In the modern marketing era, your buyer will move through the evaluation process as much as 90% on her own before she is willing to have a sales conversation. She wants to be engaged through relevant and compelling content. Therefore, you need to become a media company….Some B2B brands might not agree with this statement. Let those non-believers be your competitors, while you build a thriving media property that accelerates your growth.
A media channel is a destination for your audience where they can consume content provided by your brand that informs, educates or entertains in a relevant way that shines the spotlight on your brand as the source of compelling content.
Examples of a media channel include:
- A themed multi-author blog with consistently published blog content
- A themed newsletter or Journal with consistently published content
- A themed webinar series with consistently published content
- A themed podcast with consistently published content
- A themed video channel with consistently published content
Benefits to Owning a Media Channel
The most compelling benefit to your own media channel is that you own the content. When you post content to social media channels, you’re “renting” their content distribution channels. Your media channel is yours. The top reasons to have your own media channel are:
- You own the content
- You build thought leadership
- You build authority with search engines
- You generate share value when others share it
- Differentiate your brand from your competition
- You can re-purpose content into other formats
- You can offer calls-to-actions to generate leads
- You can attract talent to your organization
- You inspire employees to become advocates
- You strengthen or accelerate brand equity
Social Business Engine
Social Business Engine is our digital TV and podcast channel. We publish weekly content from thought leaders, marketers and business professionals who are succeeding on their social business journey and are willing to share their insights, experiences and wisdom with you, to help you advance your social business journey.
When you subscribe to our Social Business Engine media channel you’ll gain access to video content that showcases people from brands such as Deloitte, EMC, Groupon, Holmes.com, Humana, Oracle, and others. What each episode has in common is a short story that describes a specific aspect of their social business journey, providing our audience actionable learnings that can impact your social business journey.